Havayah: Grade by Grade
Now that you’ve completed BM3T, what’s next for you at TBE? Tons of great learning, leadership, social action and friendship in Havayah! Becoming Bar/Bat Mitzvah is just the beginning of your lifelong Jewish journey; in Havayah, you’ll have the opportunity to create your personal experience at TBE by:
Grades 9 & 10
Mazel tov! You’ve made it to high school. What better way to de-stress, have fun and make a difference than to continue your experience in Havayah? This year, get psyched to:
Grades 11 &12
It’s time to take your experience in Havayah to the next level! Thinking about what you want to do post-high school? Looking for leadership opportunities? Interested in making a difference? Havayah is for you! Here’s the scoop on what’s new and exciting in our older grades:
- Confirmation. All TBE seniors who are engaged in Jewish learning (at TBE or another Jewish supplemental or full-time high school program) mark the completion of their high school experience with a Confirmation service and celebration. This special ritual, connected to the holiday of Shavuot, is moving and meaningful for all involved, as we say “L'Hitraot” (see you soon!) to our most involved teens.
- J-Connect with Rabbi Sisenwine, an amazing Chavurah that will give you the tools you need to navigate Jewish life in the real world. You’ll explore Jewish topics that are essential to teen life, whether it’s finding your Jewish home on campus, learning what Reform Judaism is really about, gaining the tools to be an advocate for Israel, or discussing the role of God and spirituality in your life. This is an incredible opportunity to study in an intimate setting with Rabbi Sisenwine on a monthly basis.
- Shabbaton Leadership and Programming. Take your leadership skills to the next level by participating in this incredible Chavurah, where you’ll learn how to write, create and implement retreat programs, and then see your work in action as you serve as Junior Staff on one of the Havayah Shabbatonim.
- Trip to the L’Taken Social Justice Seminar in Washington DC. This 4-day intensive study Kallah, offered in partnership with the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, focuses on Jewish values and social justice, and includes a visit to Capitol Hill to lobby our elected officials on issues that matter to you. We’ll also do some sightseeing around DC and spend time with other L’Taken participants from synagogues around the country! This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience not to be missed!
- Looking for new ways to get the most out of your Jewish journey with Havayah? Deepen your involvement in BELY and/or NFTY, try a new Chavurah, or get connected to younger teens with BELCRO. The possibilities for Jewish learning, building community and having fun are endless!